Reminiscence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vindictus [East] Ch. 188

2 posters

My Vindictus Smiley Collection

Robeguy
    Remi Explorer

My Vindictus Smiley Collection Empty My Vindictus Smiley Collection

Post by Robeguy January 19th 2012, 3:47 pm

Well over a year ago, this game was very different from the game we know and hate/love today. Red Tyrant, Lagho and Blood Lord were end game raids. Everyone had the same armor. We had tokens limiting how much we could do on a character every 2-3 days. Defense was capped. There was no hero mode. Magic Powders were completely useless while Gold and Silver Ores were the most expensive mat in the game. Lann was overpowered while Staff Evies were kicked from boats, with Hammer being generally considered underpowered. Enchanting didn't exist and Enhanced Capped at +5.

The point of that rant was this; endgame Vindictus didn't really exist much back then.

Now some people quit, only to return for the next content update. Nothing new there. Title farming was big and most people who stuck around did at least attempt at one point or another. Some people found other ways to amuse themselves. This topic will act as a public history record of what just may be the most pointless "achievements" I've been striving to obtain since those times.

For those of you unaware of what my "smiley collection" is, it is this. Look at the mission list next time you are ingame. Pick any mission at all and look at the list of Oaths of Honor and Bonus Missions. Right next to each one there should be a group of smiley faces; each representing completing that oath or bp on either normal, hard or hero. My goal back in the day was to get as many of those as I could. All of them I possibly could get. My motivation to complete this project had varied over the 14 odd months I've played this game, but as I type this I've probably gotten closer to that goal then I thought I ever would, with room to grow none the less. Imageshack allowing I'll be updating this topic with screenshots and albums and the like. I can be slow to do things though.

[Vindictus Smiley Book]

-Perilous Ruins Chapter
    -Hoarfrost Hollow Chapter
    -Ainle Chapter
    -Ruins of Sanctity and Prarie Entrance Chapter
    -Hoarfrost Depths Chapter
    -Hilder Forest Ruins Chapter
    -Fomorian Base Chapter
    -Sewers Chapter
    -Ortel Castle and Catacombs Chapter
    -Albey Ruins Chapter

Smileys Left: 20
    Ragnus
    Ragnus
    Advanced Remini

My Vindictus Smiley Collection Empty Re: My Vindictus Smiley Collection

Post by Ragnus January 19th 2012, 8:27 pm

*Applauds* Nice intro segment to when Vindictus was actually good. So many smileys, some of which I have partaken in helping you acquire, and I can assure you I will continue to assist you in your quest for maximum smileys!!!

My Vindictus Smiley Collection 3371581634

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 5:19 am