Reminiscence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vindictus [East] Ch. 188

3 posters

wireless 3G or 4G gaming?

Nahc
    Remi Explorer

wireless 3G or 4G gaming? Empty wireless 3G or 4G gaming?

Post by Nahc June 7th 2012, 4:44 pm

I'm now considering a wireless option. The area I live simply don't provide a good DSL service...

So, anyone know if it's viable or even doing it currently to play online games, especially Vindictus? Any comment/advice appreciated!
    Narythena
    Narythena
    Post Count Farmer

wireless 3G or 4G gaming? Empty Re: wireless 3G or 4G gaming?

Post by Narythena June 7th 2012, 6:28 pm

Hera is using it atm but quality is hmm inconsistent. You'll have to ask him more about it. But long story short its not that great.
    HeraShiKahr
    Remi Explorer

Post by HeraShiKahr June 8th 2012, 5:12 am

Yeah, I have been using mobile broadband for the past 5 years due do the unavailablity of anything else in my area. It is a viable option depending how good a signal you get at your location. I would definatly go with 4G if at all possible...I myself am stuck on 3G because thats all that is available here.

On 3G, ordinarily I average a ping of roughly 120 -150ms to our TS server, which to me at least is perfectly playable. The main drawback I have found is that I am prone too huge lag spikes, which is making it almost impossible to play, it seems I have to wait until fairly late at night when the network traffic has died down. However, if you can get 4G it may work much better than what I have. Another thing too keep in mind is that most ISPs impose a pretty strict usage cap on mobile broadband. I believe Sprint and Verizon both have a 5gb cap on there 3G networks and I think verizon also has a 5gb max cap on their 4G as well though im not 100% sure this is accurate.
    Nahc
    Remi Explorer

Post by Nahc June 8th 2012, 5:26 am

Thanks for your inputs. I could try a different router and keep landline, or go 4G. Hard to decide with pros and cons for each and no guarantee that any of them would solve my problem...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 9:25 am